Home » Hand Pain Doctors in NYC | Hand Pain Treatment Specialists
Hand Pain Doctors in NYC | Hand Pain Treatment Specialists
Like so many other parts of your body, your hands are a complicated maze of ligaments, tendons, bones, and muscles. Hand pain can originate in your wrists or travel from damaged fingers. When your pain symptoms slow you down or don’t subside in a day or two, rely on hand pain experts at Pain Management in NYC. They provide true diagnoses of your pain and recommend the best line of treatment. Call today for a consultation.
The most common causes of pain in your hand are from overuse and injury. When your hand pain continues, it becomes a persistent bother. You may have an underlying condition that’s causing the nagging discomfort. While rest and over-the-counter pain and anti-inflammatory medication may provide you with some relief, you need a definitive diagnosis so that you don’t aggravate an injury that leaves you in worse condition.
Rely on the expertise of nationally recognized pain specialists at the pain clinic in NYC to give you that firm diagnosis. They have access to the most advanced diagnostic equipment and fast, accurate lab testing to reach a reliable conclusion. Top-rated pain doctors in Manhattan then focus on delivering the latest in pain treatment options.
Hand Pain from Injuries
When you injure your hands or wrists, any number of different tendons, nerves, ligaments, bones and blood vessels may be affected. An injury to your hands can cause pain in the palm of your hand, bruising, swelling and other uncomfortable symptoms that restrict the use of your hands.
Dislocated and fractured fingers are common injuries that affect your entire hand. But there are many types of injuries that can affect your hands, given how often you use them. Common injuries that lead to hand pain include:
- Trigger finger, when repetitive motions damage a tendon
- Falls that you try to break by landing on your hands
- Bending your fingers too far back
- Blows to your hand, fingers or wrists
- Strain from repetitive motions such as keyboarding, lifting heavy objects and certain sports activities
Other Common Hand Pain Sources
You use your hands, wrists and fingers so much — just for everyday tasks. That doesn’t include the amount of stress you place on them during your job, hobbies and exercise routines. It’s no wonder hand pain is such a common complaint in New York.
When you visit Pain Management NYC with hand pain, you’re given a thorough physical examination of the painful area. That’s followed by imaging and lab tests. Your top New York pain management specialist identifies the sources of your hand pain, such as:
- Ganglion cyst. This is a build-up of fluid on your hand that puts pressure on a tendon or joint, causing constant pain.
- Arthritis. Osteoarthritis is the most common kind of the hand disease. It’s caused by wear-and-tear on the joints in your fingers and wrists. Rheumatoid arthritis is an immune disease that causes your body to attack joint tissues. Inflammation, pain and stiffness are the hallmarks of arthritis in the hands. Left untreated, it can lead to permanent damage.
- Diabetic neuropathy. Untreated diabetes can cause numbing and tingling along the pathways of your hands caused by peripheral neuralgia nerve damage.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. When the nerve that runs through your wrist to the back of your hand is compressed, it leads to this condition that usually begins gradually. Over time, if it’s not treated properly, carpal tunnel syndrome hand pain worsens, causing weakness and even more pain.
- When the tendons in your hands become strained or injured, you may feel pain in the palm of the hand, usually on the inside of your thumb.
- A cut or wound on your palm that’s become infected causes pain in the palm of your hand. It may be red, hot and swollen at the site of the wound. You may also experience fever symptoms.
- This condition occurs when blood vessels in your hands become inflamed. You may feel shooting pain in the hand affected, as well as tingling, feeling loss and weakness.
Hand Pain Treatment
Once you’ve received an accurate diagnosis from the top pain doctor in Manhattan, he usually recommends conservative treatment for joint pain in hands, such as behavior modifications, splints and rest. Underlying conditions — such as diabetes and infection — are addressed accordingly, followed by hand pain treatment.
Common methods used to treat hand pain include:
- Trigger point injections that target the pain and inflammation while you wear a splint or follow a regimen of antibiotics.
- Physical therapy that strengthens supporting muscles after treatment for joint pain in your hands.
- Nerve block injections that stop the pain so that you can participate in a multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation
- Pain medication that may consist of antidepressants, topical cream or anticonvulsants
- Minimally invasive surgery to remove damaged tendons or to relieve pressure from a cyst
Don’t hesitate to call your injury doctor in New York if you’ve had an injury to your hand. Emergency appointments are available when necessary. Waiting can lead to serious complications and permanent damage. Contact us today.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experienced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"