Home » Hip Pain Treatment in NYC | Hip Pain Doctors Specialists
Hip Pain Treatment in NYC | Hip Pain Doctors Specialists
Whether you got a torn tendon in your hip from running too hard, a hip labral tear from a car accident or generalized hip pain from just getting older, the top-rated doctors at pain management in New York have solutions. Hip tendonitis treatment responds well to trigger point injections, for example, reducing pain while you rehab. All treatment for hip pain is treated with a focus on delivering the latest in pain treatment options. Don’t accept hip joint pain as part of your life.
Hip pain is a common problem that affects people of all ages. It can be triggered by many different causes. Pain in your hip can range from mild to debilitating, and your pain may be sharp, aching or burning. Hip joint pain often feels like pain on the inside of your hip or groin. Pain outside your hip may be triggered by soft tissue surrounding the hip joints, such as the ligaments, tendons or muscles.
The pain management doctors in New York at NYC physical therapy and pain center accurately diagnose what’s triggering your hip pain. They rely on the most advanced diagnostic equipment and fast, accurate laboratory testing to arrive at a correct diagnosis so they can recommend the best treatment for hip pain based on the actual cause.
Common Hip Injuries
Injuries are one of the most common causes of hip pain because the joint bears so much weight and is involved in so many of your daily activities, from walking and exercising to standing up from a chair. You can injure your hip joint in a fall, from car accident, while playing sports or by turning the wrong way. If your bones are already weakened by disease like osteoporosis, you’re at risk. A broken, dislocated or damaged hip inevitably leads to hip joint pain. Some common hip injuries include:
- Hip flexor injury. Hip flexor muscles extend from your hips to your knees. Stretching or tearing these muscles happens because of overuse or trauma. This type of injury may cause swelling, muscle weakness and a reduced range of motion.
- Hip labral tear. A labral tear is damage to the cartilage that lines the outer rim of your hip socket. This can be triggered by overuse or an accident that injures your hip.
- Hip tendonitis. A frayed or torn tendon in your hip can cause tendonitis, which is inflammation of a tendon. Hip flexor tendonitis can be caused by a sudden injury or by repetitive motion over time.
- Snapping hip syndrome. If you have a snapping sensation in your hip, accompanied by pain or an audible noise, you may have this syndrome. It’s often the result of repetitive movements such as running or ballet dancing, although it’s sometimes caused by injury.
Other Causes of Hip Pain
Underlying medical conditions may lead to hip pain, too. Inflammation of your hip joint and breakdown of the cartilage that cushions your bones can be caused by different forms of arthritis, including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. The aging process can cause the bones to become brittle and more prone to fractures.
Small fluid-filled sacs that serve as a cushion between tendons, muscles and joints are known as bursae. The bursa located on the inner side of your hip can cause hip pain if it becomes inflamed, a condition called bursitis. Your hip joint itself can also become infected, leading to joint pain, warmth, swelling and decreased range of motion.
Hip Pain Treatment
Effective hip pain treatment in NYC depends on determining the cause. Minor hip pain may respond to ice, elevation and rest. Your best pain management specialist NYC may recommend physical therapy or some of the following for hip injuries and pain:
- Corticosteroid injections. Injection of a corticosteroid into your joint reduces inflammation and pain and may be used to treat several types of hip problems. For example, hip injections may be used as a form of hip tendonitis treatment or to relieve inflammation of the bursae.
- Assistive devices. Using an assistive device, such as a walker or cane, helps reduce the amount of pressure you place on your hip area, giving it time to heal properly.
- Compression wrap. Wrapping your hips tightly is a method of hip flexor pain treatment.
Never ignore symptoms of hip pain or a reduced ability to move your hip. Pain that starts in the hip joint can radiate to your knee or to your lower back. Pain in your hip can also be referral pain, which may indicate a condition in another part of your body. The top doctors at Pain Management NYC accurately diagnose the cause of your hip pain and determine the best hip pain treatment for you. Don’t wait until the pain gets worse; contact us today.
Pain Management NYC
380 2nd Ave Suite 1004
New York, NY 10010
(btw 21st and 22nd Street)
☎ (212) 224-9555
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ CAREFULLYThe information on this website is to provide a general information. In no way does any of the information provided reflect a definitive treatment advice. It is important to consult a best in class pain management specialist in NYC regarding ANY questions or issues. A thorough evaluation should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call your pain doctor in Manhattan, to schedule a consultation.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experienced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"