Home » Elbow Pain Treatment in NYC | Elbow Doctors Specialists
Elbow Pain Treatment in NYC | Elbow Doctors Specialists
You may have a difficult time explaining just where the pain in your elbow comes from because the joint has so many connective tissues. It’s a complex joint that moves in many directions. So you need a top-rated pain doctor who relies on advanced diagnostic equipment and the latest in pain treatment options. The doctors at Pain Management in NYC employ a multidisciplinary approach to elbow pain to find just the right combination of elbow pain treatments for your specific pain.
In most cases, the likely culprit for your elbow pain is overuse and repetitive motions from work, sports or hobbies. Your elbow is less susceptible to arthritis than your other joints. Elbow injuries from a direct blow can cause bone spurs or fractures. If you hurt your elbow, seek elbow injury treatment soon.
A complex joint, your elbow provides a wide range of movement, such as reaching for things and bringing them closer. It also lets you rotate your hand and forearm. Because your elbow has so many moving parts, though, it’s not always easy to determine exactly the exact place or cause of your elbow pain. Rely on the pain management specialists with the most advanced diagnostic equipment at the pain center NYC.
Causes of Elbow Pain
Many actions or conditions can contribute to your elbow pain, such as:
- Joint inflammation commonly called bursitis
- Golfer’s elbow, known as medial epicondylitis, which is a repetitive motion injury
- An inflammatory joint disease called rheumatoid arthritis
- Sprains from stretching or tearing of the ligaments in your elbow
- Broken elbow
- Tennis elbow, or lateral epicondylitis, another repetitive motion injury
- Injuries that result from throwing motions like baseball pitchers, requiring baseball elbow pain treatment
- Cubital tunnel syndrome, when you stretch or put too much pressure on your ulnar nerve
Diagnosing Your Elbow Pain
Following a thorough exam, your NYC pain management doctor may order lab tests by extracting blood or joint fluid to determine if there are infections or markers for a specific disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis. If crystals are found in your joint fluid, you may have issues with gout.
Imaging tests may also help your doctor determine an exact diagnosis. Fractures, bone spurs or other abnormalities can be seen on x-rays, MRIs or CT scans. Bone scans also help give a clearer picture of soft tissue damage, cartilage irregularities or stress fractures.
Symptoms and Treatment for Elbow Pain
At the beginning of most treatment plans, unless there is an obvious broken bone or underlying cause, your pain doctor begins with the least invasive options available, including rest and behavior modifications. Once your doctor uncovers the source of your pain, elbow pain treatment can begin, depending on your symptoms. Diagnoses and treatments include:
- Golf elbow is not strictly relegated to golfers; it’s also common in weightlifters and construction workers. It’s inner elbow pain that extends through your forearm to your wrists and hands —causing stiffness, numbness, tingling and weakness. Medial epicondylitis pain can be sudden or gradual. Golf elbow treatment usually means you have to stop doing the motions that cause the pain. Ice the inflammation until the swelling subsides.
- Repetitive motion disorder that includes, elbow tendonitis, cubital tunnel syndrome and lateral epicondylitis can happen from suddenly while lifting something heavy or from repeating the same motions over and over. The pain hits the outer side of your elbow joint and also may extend down your arm. Treatments may include splinting your elbow, although movement is necessary to prevent elbow freezing. Elbow injections of corticosteroids are part of tennis elbow treatment to ease pain as your heal.
- Elbow injuries. There are instances when you need to seek emergency help at Pain Management NYC. If you notice any obvious injury, go to your nearest Emergency Room. If you can’t move your elbow normally or notice bruising, swelling and severe pain, call your pain doctor in New York right away. If your pain continues after home treatment or the redness and swelling increases, schedule an office visit as soon as you can. Emergency appointments are available.
Additional Treatment for Elbow Pain
Under the guidance of the best NYC elbow pain management specialists, you can take steps to continue healing and prevent further treatment for your elbow pain. Recommendations for interventional treatment may include:
- Treating inflammation with ice or cold packs several times a day
- Wearing compression bandages to support your elbow, protect it, and reduce inflammation
- Elevating your arm to help reduce swelling
- Taking over-the-counter or prescription pain relievers and anti-inflammatories
- Taking medications to treat an underlying condition, such as gout or rheumatoid arthritis
- Following a physical therapy routine to restore strength
- Protecting your elbow with pads and other equipment to avoid further elbow injuries
- Getting an corticosteroid elbow injection to stop the pain and inflammation
Contact the nationally recognized pain doctors at Pain Management NYC to improve your chances of a complete recovery. Regain the use of your elbow while eliminating the aggravating pain.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experenced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"