Home » Wrist Pain Treatment in NYC | Wrist Doctors Specialists in New York
Wrist Pain Treatment in NYC | Wrist Doctors Specialists in New York
You can hurt your wrist in countless ways. And once you do, your ability to do almost everything is greatly diminished, because of the wrist pain. Additionally, diseases and medical conditions can affect this small but vital joint. With interventional pain management in NYC nearby, you don’t have to live with the wrist pain. Come in for a complete diagnosis, get an effective pain treatment and leave feeling like a new person. It’s possible at this Manhattan pain clinic. Call today for a consultation!
Wrist pain only sounds minor until you have to live with it. Your wrist is both compact and complicated. There are many tiny, intricate joints that join your hand to your arm. Since virtually every movement of your hand and fingers involves your wrist in some way, this part of your body endures a ton of wear-and-tear.
There are nearly as many types of wrist pain as there are causes. While age and activity can harm your wrist, impact and injury can also damage the bone, cartilage, veins, nerves, muscles, tendons and ligaments that make up or flow through your wrist. Successful treatment for wrist pain depends largely on accurately diagnosing the problem. The pain management doctors in New York can get to the bottom of your wrist pain.
Pain that comes on suddenly can be the result of injury. These injuries are typically the result of sudden impacts or the stress of repetitive motion. They include:
- Wrist tendon injury. An injury to the strong bands of tissue that attach your bones to your muscles, such as wrist tendonitis, is painful. Tendonitis in your wrist is a common injury that usually occurs at the places your tendons cross. Any hand movement causes pain and inflammation. Wrist tendonitis treatment can range from rest to surgery, depending on the severity of your condition.
- Hand injuries. Hand injuries, such as a hand tendon injury, may be mistaken for a wrist injury because the discomfort radiates so strongly to your hand. Your NYC pain specialist may use x-rays, an MRI or an ultrasound scan to decide on the most effective hand injury treatment, which then relieves your wrist pain.
- Golf wrist injury. This injury is the result of stress, overuse and repetitive motion typical of golfers and factory workers. Golf wrist injury treatment usually involves physical therapy and minor but beneficial lifestyle adjustments.
- Scaphoid sprain. Your scaphoid is one of the eight tiny bones that comprise your wrist. You feel this injury at the base of your thumb. A scaphoid sprain involves the ligament that connects to the scaphoid. But sprains and fractures have similar symptoms. If you believe you’ve sprained your wrist, there’s a possibility you may have broken a bone. The best pain doctor in Manhattan ensures that you receive a proper diagnosis so that you get the appropriate wrist injury treatment to relieve the pain and heal the sprain.
- Boxing wrist injury. Boxers most often get this type of injury from throwing a punch improperly. But you can get it from any kind of jarring impact. Fortunately, the trained wrist injury doctors at physical therapy and pain center New York treat boxing injuries very effectively.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. Carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by typing on your electronic devices. When you overuse your wrists, the ligament thickens, applying pressure directly to the involved nerves. The symptoms for carpal tunnel syndrome include:
Treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome has come a long way over the years and ranges from rest to surgical options. Your top-rated pain management doctor in New York helps you decide on the treatment that’s best for your condition and lifestyle.
How Is Wrist Pain Diagnosis
Our expert wrist injury doctor in NYC has a few methods to diagnose you wrist pain, depending on the suspected cause of your wrist pain. The wrist pain specialist first performs a physical exam. During the exam, the doctor manually bends your wrist to test for numbness or asks you to hold objects to test your grip.
In most cases of wrist injury, the wrist injury doctor will order an X-ray to see the bone and diagnose for osteoarthritis. In cases where carpal tunnel is suspected, the wrist specialist orders an electromyography. This tests the nerves in your wrist. It is usually done if you experience numbness or tingling in your wrist, burning pain that travels up your arm, or weakness in the hand.
If these tests are inconclusive, the specialist then does an arthroscopy. This is a test in which a small incision is made in your wrist and a tiny camera is inserted. This test allows the wrist injury specialist to see inside your wrist and is the best test for diagnosing long term wrist pain.
Treatment for Wrist Pain
You should never simply ignore a pain in your wrist. Leaving your problem untreated allows it to get worse. Appropriate wrist pain treatment drastically improves your overall quality of life. Physical therapy is often the recommended course of treatment, and that’s where a wrist injection can help. Once your pain is eliminated, you can work through the physical therapy exercises.
You get the best care at Pain Management NYC. Working with top pain management specialists in Midtown is your first step to a full recovery. Don’t allow your wrist pain to interfere with your everyday activities. You deserve a well-rounded medical provider who practices interventional pain management in a multidisciplinary setting. Contact us today to determine your next step.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experienced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"