Home » Knee Bursitis Treatment in NYC | Bursitis Knee Pain Doctors Specialists
Knee Bursitis Treatment in NYC | Bursitis Knee Pain Doctors Specialists
Nothing stops you in your tracks like knee pain. And when that discomfort worsens over time or disrupts your daily routines, you need to be able to find the best treatment available. In New York, visit the top pain management doctors at Pain Management NYC for a quick, accurate diagnosis and appropriate pain control while you undergo treatment. Knee bursitis doesn’t have to keep you down when you rely on the experience of top-rated pain doctors.
When one or more of the bursae near your knee joint becomes inflamed or irritated, you may have a condition called knee bursitis. A bursa is a sac that contains a small amount of fluid, which reduces friction between muscles, tendons and bones near and surrounding your joints. When irritated, bursae cause pain whenever you move the joint.
This condition causes swelling, pain or limited mobility of your knee joint. If moving your knee is difficult or painful, visit a top pain management doctor in NYC so he can examine it and evaluate your symptoms. At our pain treatment center, you’re able to obtain the best bursitis knee treatment. Nationally recognized pain doctors have access to the most advanced diagnostic equipment to accurately pinpoint the source of your pain, which they can then treat with the latest techniques.
Symptoms of Knee Bursitis
Knee bursitis usually develops gradually, unless it’s brought on by a sudden blow to the knee. The affected portion of your knee may appear red, swollen and warm to the touch. Your pain worsens if you put pressure on the joint, such as when you attempt a physically demanding activity. This condition usually doesn’t cause discomfort at night or when you’re at rest.
Inflammation of the bursa in your knee can affect any part of your knee. It commonly occurs over your kneecap, which is known as prepatellar bursitis. Another commonly affected area is the inner side of your knee, below the joint. If the bursae become infected with bacteria, you may experience fever and chills. This is known as septic bursitis.
Don’t wait to seek treatment. At the first sign of knee pain, search for chronic pain management doctors near you to avoid serious complications. Knee pain rarely goes away on its own.
What Causes Knee Bursitis?
The most common causes of knee bursitis are overuse or injury. Other causes of bursitis include:
- Strenuous activity and overuse of your knee joint over long periods of time
- Frequently putting sustained pressure on your knee joint, such as kneeling regularly on hard surfaces with no additional cushioning
- A direct blow to your knee
- Bacterial infection of the bursae
- Complications from other conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis or gout
Knee bursitis is sometimes caused by lack of stretching before exercise. Insect bites, scrapes, puncture wounds or any injury that breaks the skin may allow bacteria inside your bursae and cause an infection.
Risk Factors for Knee Bursitis
The risk of developing knee bursitis increases if you work at an occupation that requires prolonged kneeling. Carpet layers, gardeners and plumbers are all examples. Athletic competitions that require you to fall on your knees or receive blows to your knees may increase your risk of developing this painful condition. Sports that fall in this category include football and wrestling.
Being overweight or obese increases your risk of having knee problems, including bursitis. Your knees play such an important role in your everyday activities — even if you’re not an athlete — that any extra pressure on them can lead to discomfort and eventual complications like bursitis. If you have conditions such as gout or arthritis, you’re at a higher risk of developing knee bursitis.
Treatment for Knee Bursitis
Knee bursitis treatment starts with reducing or avoiding any activity that worsens your symptoms. Elevating your knee and applying ice packs at regular intervals also help alleviate your pain. Top pain management doctors in Manhattan may recommend physical therapy to improve your strength, flexibility, and range of motion.
Your New York pain management doctor also may recommend treatments such as:
- Knee injections. Injecting a corticosteroid into the affected area of your knee reduces swelling and pain. By reducing your discomfort, you can participate more fully in other interventional therapies, such as physical therapy.
- Knee brace or splint. This type of assistive measure helps limit movement in your painful joint to give it time to heal without the risk of further injury. Braces and splints work well in concert with injections, as they allow you to continue your normal routines.
- Your doctor inserts a needle into the swollen area of your knee to remove fluid, which helps treat the inflammation while assisting in the diagnosis. The extracted fluid is sent to a lab to be tested for bacteria. At Pain Management NYC, rapid, accurate laboratory testing means you get results quickly so you can begin appropriate treatments.
- If your knee bursitis is caused by an infection, your doctor prescribes a course of antibiotics. Once the swelling has subsided, a course of physical therapy may follow.
Whenever you have knee pain or swelling that affects your daily activities, see an expert in the field of pain management. To find out the best bursitis knee treatment for you, contact the best knee pain management doctors at Pain Management NYC.
Pain Management NYC
380 2nd Ave Suite 1004
New York, NY 10010
(btw 21st and 22nd Street)
☎ (212) 224-9555
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ CAREFULLYThe information on this website is to provide a general information. In no way does any of the information provided reflect a definitive treatment advice. It is important to consult a best in class pain management specialist in NYC regarding ANY questions or issues. A thorough evaluation should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call your pain doctor in Manhattan, to schedule a consultation.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experienced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"