Home » Middle Back Pain Treatment in NYC | Middle Back Pain Doctors Specialists
Middle Back Pain Treatment in NYC | Middle Back Pain Doctors Specialists
Whether you hurt your back while playing sports, from a fall or during a car accident, the discomfort can immobilize you when the pain radiates from your middle back. If your mid-back pain seems to have crept up on you over time, it still impinges on your quality of life. When you need middle back pain relief, look for an injury doctor near me. You’ll find the best pain clinic in Manhattan at Pain Management NYC, where you can count on the expertise and individualized attention you receive.
Middle back pain occurs anywhere from the bottom of your rib cage to the base of your neck. This area is known as the thoracic spine. Pain in this area of your body can be triggered by a number of conditions, including irritation or damage to your vertebrae, spinal discs, ligaments or muscles.
Finding relief from middle back pain depends on obtaining a correct diagnosis. For this to happen, you need a thorough examination by one of the best pain management doctors in NYC. At our Pain Management clinic in New York, the top pain specialists in Midtown Manhattan take the time to get to know you and your lifestyle goals. Then they perform diagnostic tests to accurately determine the cause of your mid-back pain before starting you on the appropriate treatment.
Causes of Thoracic Spine Pain
- Poor posture. Slouching or using an improper posture while sitting or standing can put pressure on your spine and cause discomfort.
- Muscle strain. The muscles and ligaments in your back can stretch or tear if you lift or carry heavy objects incorrectly.
- Aging. As you age, you suffer a reduction in muscle mass. Additionally, your bones become thinner, and you have less fluid between your spinal joints.
- Osteoarthritis. This is a degenerative joint disease in which your cartilage breaks down, leading to swelling and discomfort.
- Obesity. When you carry too much weight, you place additional strain on your bones, muscles and other parts of your back. This strain can show up as mid-back pain or lower back pain.
Mid-back pain can also be caused by one or more fractured vertebrae or a herniated disc. In rare cases, your pain may be caused by other disorders or medical conditions, such as cancer, gallbladder disease or a serious infection.
Mid-Back Pain on One Side
Mid-back pain on the right side or the left side only may not be caused by the same issues. Problems with your muscles or spine generally affect both sides of your back. When you feel the pain only on one side, it may be related to your organs. Inflammation or an infection of an organ, such as your colon or kidney, can lead to mid-back pain on the right side or the left side, but not both.
The doctors at NYC Pain Management carefully evaluate your symptoms. They note every symptom, including whether your pain is isolated on one side of your back or appears on both sides. Your best rated back pain doctor in New York also asks how long you’ve experienced symptoms and whether the pain worsens in certain positions or with a specific activity.
Risk Factors for Developing Middle Back Pain
Middle back pain affects people of all ages and physical conditions, but there are some risk factors that increase your chances of developing back discomfort. Some of the most common risk factors include:
- Being in poor physical condition —either by being overweight or by not exercising regularly — can increase your risk of developing back problems.
- If you smoke, this habit reduces blood flow to your spine, which makes it difficult for your body to distribute the nutrients it needs evenly and thoroughly.
- The aging process increases your risk of developing back pain.
- If you’ve had any kind of trauma to your spine or if you frequently lift heavy objects, your risk of developing back problems increases.
- Mid-back pain sometimes affects younger people who regularly lug heavy backpacks around.
The best back pain specialists in Midtown provide you with all the information you need to know to prevent thoracic back pain. Know your risks and take steps to improve your odds for a long, pain-free life.
Middle Back Pain Treatment Options
If you experience thoracic back pain that isn’t severe, you may be able to treat it at home with rest, over-the-counter medication, ice or heat. A massage may help to increase blood flow to the area and may also loosen tight muscles. Getting regular exercise and working to improve your posture may decrease mid-back pain on a long-term basis.
More serious middle back pain or back pain that hasn’t responded to at-home treatment may require some mid-back pain treatment by the top pain management doctors in New York. Physical therapy can help to strengthen and stretch muscles that are contributing to your discomfort. Prescription pain medications may be prescribed on a short-term basis. Other options that your pain management expert may suggest include:
Don’t settle for less than the best care and the most appropriate middle back pain treatment. Contact Pain Management NYC for an evaluation. It’s the first step toward a pain-free life.
Pain Management NYC
380 2nd Ave Suite 1004
New York, NY 10010
(btw 21st and 22nd Street)
☎ (212) 224-9555
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE READ CAREFULLYThe information on this website is to provide a general information. In no way does any of the information provided reflect a definitive treatment advice. It is important to consult a best in class pain management specialist in NYC regarding ANY questions or issues. A thorough dental evaluation should ALWAYS be performed for an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Be sure to call your pain doctor in Manhattan, to schedule a consultation.
With our help, you can
LIVE A PAIN FREE LIFE
"Experienced doctors & best treatments you need for a successful recovery"