Vitaliy Zhivotenko, DO
- Board Certified
- Anesthesiologist & Interventional Pain Management
Vitaliy Zhivotenko, DO
Dr. Vitaliy Zhivotenko, DO earn his medical degree from New York College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed a Medical Internship and Neurology Residency at Penn State Medical Center. During residency, he excelled in a wide variety of neurological disorders, including but not limited to headaches, movement disorders, neurorehabilitation, cognitive and behavioral neurology, neuromuscular disease, epilepsy, stroke and vascular neurology, and multiple sclerosis. At graduation, he was awarded “Outstanding Performance in Outpatient Neurology.”
Pain management specialist Dr. Vitaliy Zhivotenko DO is part of our best-rated team of pain management doctors in Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan, NYC.
With pain being an integral part of neurology, in combination with his interest in treating painful conditions, Dr. Zhivotenko went on to complete an ACGME-accredited, multidisciplinary, comprehensive fellowship in Pain Management at Penn State Medical Center. During fellowship training, he was exposed to a wide diversity of painful conditions, learned safe and effective strategies for medical management of pain, and gained proficiency in the full spectrum of currently accepted interventional pain management procedures. Upon completion of the fellowship, he was chosen as the top pain fellow of the year.
Dr. Zhivotenko is dually board certified in Neurology and Pain Management by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. He continues to stay up to date with advances in his field by maintaining current membership and attending meetings held by the American Academy of Neurology, the American Academy of Pain Medicine, Spine Intervention Society, and the International Society of Regenerative Medicine.
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Glen Head, NY Degree: DO
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY. Degree: BS in Biology, Cum Laude Honors
Post Graduate Training
- Penn State Medical Center, Hershey PA
- Fellow, Department of Anesthesiology, Division of Pain Management
- Penn State Medical Center, Hershey PA Resident, Department of Neurology
- Penn State Medical Center, Hershey PA Intern, Department of Internal Medicine
- Physician and Surgeon Licensed by the New York Medical Board
- Board Certified by American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Neurology and Pain Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology (AAN), July 2012 –present
- American Academy of Pain Medicine (AAPM), July 2015 –present
- Spine Intervention Society (SIS), August 2015 –present
- International Society of Regenerative Medicine (ISRegen) August 2017-present