Leon Reyfman, MD
- Board Certified
- Anesthesiologist & Interventional Pain Management
Dr. Reyfman has a long history of excellence. Board certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology in Anesthesiology and Pain Management, he currently serves as the Attending Physician at Mount Sinai Hospital, and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School.
He specializes in non-invasive interventional pain management treatments and injury recovery. Pain management doctor in NYC Dr. Reyfman is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School. Plus, he’s been recognized as a Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice. Thousands of New Yorkers trust him for his skill and compassion. You can too.
Leon Reyfman, MD, FIPP, RPh is a graduate of Ross University Medical School where he earned the prestigious Award of Academic Excellence. He completed his internship in Internal Medicine at Maimonides Medical Center. Following his internship, Dr. Reyfman completed a residency in Anesthesiology with focus on Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY. Pain management specialist Leon Reyfman, MD, RPh is part of our best rated team of pain management doctors in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan NYC.
With pain management being his primary interest, Dr. Reyfman pursued and was granted a fellowship at the world-renowned Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons/St. Lukes Roosevelt Hospital. While at Columbia/St. Lukes Roosevelt, Dr. Reyfman honed his skills and gained extensive experience in patient interaction, continuity of care, physical rehabilitation, and the value of teamwork.Dr. Reyfman is board certified through the American Board of Anesthesiology in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. Dr. Reyfman has extensive clinical experience and training in invasive and non-invasive pain management. Dr.Reyfman has over 10 years’ experience in addiction medicine. He is certified to treat opiate dependency with Buprenorphine.
He is a former Director of Interventional Pain Medicine at SUNY Downstate Medical Center, currently serves as the Attending Physician at Mount Sinai Hospital, and is an Assistant Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology at SUNY Downstate Medical School. Dr. Reyfman is a member of American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians as well as the International Spine Intervention Society. Dr. Reyfman is actively involved in Pain Management research and has lectured on substance abuse treatment and pain management in chemically dependent patients.
- Ross University School of Medicine, Dominica. Degree: M.D.
- The British Institute of Homeopathy, England. Degree: Homeopathy; Nutrition.
- Arnold Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy, Brooklyn, NY. Degree: BS Pharmacy
- Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY. Degree: BS Biochemistry
Post Graduate Training
- Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital – New York, NY. Fellow, Department of Pain Management
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY. Resident, Department of Anesthesiology
- Maimonidies Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY. Intern, Department of Internal Medicine
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY. Clinical Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology
- Physician and Surgeon Licensed by the New York and New Jersey Medical Board.
- Board Certified by American Board of Anesthesiology.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine.
- Board Certified by American Board of Independent Medical Examiners.
- Fellow of Interventional Pain Practice.
- American Medical Association (AMA), 2002-present.
- American Society of Anesthesiology (ASA), 2003-present.
- NY State Society of Anesthesiology (NYSSA), 2003-present.
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine (ASRA), 2005-present.
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians (ASIPP), 2007-present.
- International Spine Intervention Society (ISIS), 2007-present.
- North American Spine Society (NASS), 2011-present.
- The New York Pain Society, 2011-present. Founding member.
- American Society of Addiction Medicine, 2010-present.
- The Medical Society of the State of New York, 2004-present.
- International Society of Medical Laser Application, 2013-present.
- America’s Top Doctors | The Best in American Medicine
- The Leading Physicians of the World
- Patients Honor Dr. Leonid Reyfman for Compassion
- The American Registry | The Most Recognized Businesses and Professionals in America
Pain Management NYC is a great place to receive treatment. The team of doctors as well as staff members are professional, caring and easy to talk to. I am so glad that I came here and would recommend them to anyone.
The doctor and his staff explain everything and have a great bedside manner. Despite being full for new patients they worked with me to adjust the appointment slightly to squeeze me in without making me wait too long. Thankfully, his other patients were quite friendly and everyone was chatting back and forth despite being strangers.