Headaches and other nerve pain can be mild or debilitating. If you’re bothered by acute pain from any type of headache, you want relief fast, but taking over-the-counter pain medicine constantly isn’t healthy. Find real answers and effective treatment at Pain Management NYC, with offices in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx. Their specialists in pain management get you back to your daily life, without pain. Call today for an evaluation.
Why Visit Pain Management NYC?
When you’re hurting — from a headache, other types of nerve pain or any form of neuropathy — you want relief as soon as possible. But it’s not enough to just mask your pain; a doctor should seek the source of that pain and treat it so that it doesn’t return. That’s the best reason to visit Pain Management NYC.
These highly trained, board-certified pain doctors gauge your medical symptoms, perform tests to determine the exact diagnosis and treat the source of your pain. They listen to your complaints and ask about your medical history. They get to the bottom of your nerve pain and take appropriate steps to neutralize it, now and into the future. Call for an appointment today to get the relief you need.
What Are the Different Types of Headaches?
Headaches, by definition, cause pain in your head and around your neck. While anyone can develop a headache, women are more apt to suffer from the condition. You can have one of several different types of headaches, such as:
- Chronic headaches that can last for hours and strike more than 15 times in a month
- Episodic headaches that last only about a half hour, and happen less often than chronic headaches
- Cluster headaches, which are rare, striking one side of your head and repeating, one after the other
- Tension headaches that cause pressure in your head, as if you’re wearing a hat that’s too tight. Tension headaches are the most common form of head pain
Migraines, especially chronic migraines, are in a category all their own. Migraine headaches take many forms and often run through a cycle of stages, one after the other. Find relief from migraines and other headaches at Pain Management NYC.
What Other Conditions Are Treated at Pain Management NYC?
In addition to headaches, the experienced medical doctors in New York City treat a number of other painful conditions, injuries and diseases. Headache pain is common, but so are symptoms of:
Your NYC pain management doctor runs the necessary diagnostic tests to pinpoint the reasons for your pain, no matter where it appears. Neuralgia may be caused by nerve damage, while neuropathy strikes many areas in your body, including your hands, feet and abdomen. The types of treatable neuralgia and neuropathy include:
- Compression neuropathy, called a pinched nerve
- Diabetic neuropathy, a consequence of diabetes
- Neuropathy in your feet or hands, which takes the form of tingling, numbness or pain
- Trigeminal neuralgia that causes intense facial pain
- Occipital neuralgia, which is a headache often behind your ears
- Carpal tunnel syndrome that affects your hands and fingers
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome that strikes your feet and toes
- Thoracic outlet syndrome, causing shoulder and neck pain
- Complex regional pain syndrome, a chronic disorder after an accident or surgery
- Peroneal nerve pain in your legs and feet
- Tibial nerve pain in your ankle, foot or toes
- Postherpetic neuralgia, often caused by chicken pox or shingles
- Pudendal neuralgia in your lower back and buttocks
- Small fiber neuropathy, which makes you feel weak, dizzy and constipated
- Ulnar neuropathy, creating pain and tingling in your fingers
- Polyneuropathy, which can cause symptoms in multiple areas of your body simultaneously
Trust the most respected pain doctors, like Drs. Leon Reyfman and Boleslav Kosharskyy, to discover the reason for your pain and other symptoms and to effectively treat your condition. Only interventional pain management specialists can get to the root of your issues and address them.
What Are the Available Treatment Options?
The first step toward effective treatment is an accurate diagnosis. That’s one of the advantages to visiting the experts at Pain Management NYC. They’re specialists in diagnostic testing, especially for neuropathy, to pinpoint the source of your pain and other symptoms. With tests like nerve conduction (NCV) and electromyography (EMG) tests, your doctor quickly finds the source of your pain and then treats it.
This practice has the latest technology and leading-edge treatments for headaches and nerve pain. Recognized locally and regionally as top doctors in NYC, these experienced physicians offer appropriate treatments, based on what’s best for your specific medical issues. Treatments may include:
- Nerve blocks
- Neurostimulation techniques, such as peripheral nerve stimulation, dorsal root ganglion stimulation or spinal cord stimulation
- Pharmacological treatment
- Steroid injections, such as a lumbar steroid injection
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- Trigger point injections
- Infusion therapy
For the best treatments in New York City, contact Pain Management NYC. They accept major insurance plans and work with you to schedule your appointment as soon as possible. Don’t settle for less!
Leon Reyfman, MD, is a top-rated, best-in-class interventional pain management doctor. He is a nationally recognized pain relief specialist and is among the top pain care doctors in New York City and the country. He is an award-winning expert and contributor to prominent media outlets.
Dr. Leon Reyfman has been recognized for his thoughtful, thorough, modern approach to treating chronic pain. He has been named a “top pain management doctor in New York” and one of “America’s Top Doctors™” for advanced sports injury treatments. Among other accolades, he was voted by peers as a “Castle Connolly Top Doctors™” and “New York Super Doctors™”. Dr. Leon Reyfman was a part of the medical team at the 2016 Summer Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.